Iraq: the missing link in the war on terror?

One of the reasons given for the Iraq war was a link between Iraq and terrorism in general and Al Qaeda in particular. This site will examine this alleged link and examine how effective the Iraq war has been in fighting terrorism. My view is that the alleged link was insignificant and the the Iraq has not been effective in fighting terrorism. This site is another spoke in the Cosmic Wheel (my humble home in the blogosphere).

Monday, April 03, 2006

Another preview and explanation

In the comments to one of the posts on Cosmic Wheel, I had a discussion with my one regular visitor about recent claims of a connection between Saddam's Iraq and terrorism. Until then I was unaware that claims of such a connection were again being raised, and that prompted me to decide to post all my previous work on the subject.

As was the case with my writing on Millennium Challenge 02, most of the material on this site was written well before now. Specifically, until March 30, I had last worked on this material on July 31, 2004. At that time, I had 168 pages, singled spaced and footnoted. In spite of that length, significant sections were not finished, and since then even more information brought to light. Thus, what appears on this site will largely be the work I had already done, but there will be material added in the here and now. As part of that effort, I will look into the matters raised in the article cited in the comments by my respected musical cohort. I will also try to update my research as I go.

Like the MC 02 site, I will use endnotes for each post, and the links to the cited sources will be in the endnotes. Unlike the MC 02 site, I will start renumbering endnotes with each published post.

There is a chance I will publish some sections out of order.

This is definitely a work in progress, so keep checking back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home